Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dr. Engley















I had a wonderful Sunday afternoon interviewing Dr. Engley. He is a book. He is filled with information. He gave us a lot to work with for the series. He is quite the character. We had a lot of fun with his wit.
One of the most compelling parts of the interview was when I asked him to define autism for me. He wouldn’t. He said he didn’t know enough about autism to comment. This is more proof to me he is an important, almost neutral source in the vaccine/autism debate. If he would have defined it, then it could be an indication of a side.
Every interview I do, I ask them to define autism. I am getting interesting responses. Anything from stimming to mercury toxic. Because Engley didn’t define it, gives me more indication he rather talk about his research on thimerosal….which in turn, makes him more creditable and his motivations are clear.
Mark and Meredith did an excellent job shooting stills and video. Ryan did an excellent job shooting.

No comments: