Friday, October 19, 2007

Starbucks no longer asks my name to write on my coffee cup

I am exhausted. We had three shoots in one week. It was a busy, but productive week. I am so glad to see everything come
together. For months, we have been planning this. Now it's boom, boom, boom. Next week we go to Kansas City, Illinois, Kansas, and one or two shoots in town.








I couldn't ask for a better team. I work master control Friday nights (I make sure the channel is running properly). I just went into the newsroom and Mark and Meredith are here editing for the series. Here they are, Homecoming weekend on a Friday night. They care so much about this series. This energy we all have for this project is beyond moving. These guys are beyond dedicated. I am getting so stressed out about the series. It seems like my life is emails, shoots, meetings, and research. You know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am so thankful to have this much help. This series would not be what it's becoming to be without their help. Our goal is to give as much info as possible and do a series based on viewer feedback. We are doing this in so many ways via on air packages, blogs, pictures, and web video. Plus, we are showing you this process. This is all new and exciting in the world of journalism. Strengthening the relationship between journalist and viewer can only lead to positive progress for the betterment of communication. I am so happy to be involved in this experiment.

This week has taken a lot out of me. Hearing and planning to tell these stories is a lot to swallow. I'm emotionally drained. It's beyond insightful meeting the faces of autism. I have read so much, but it all becomes real when you interview someone with autism or parents.

I have so much respect for the families we have met thus far. Their stories are incredible. What a journey. I can't wait to show and tell you more!

No comments: